Around 1.6 million visitors come to Berchtesgaden National Park every year. This makes the protected area around the Watzmann and Königssee the most visited excursion destination in the region.
260 kilometers of hiking trails and alpine paths open up the national park - from barrier-free circular hikes to high-alpine summit ascents, there is something here for all nature lovers.
But please note: In a national park, nature plays first fiddle - man takes a back seat in the protected area. So that chamois, golden eagles, marmots and co. do not get "under the wheels", there are a few rules. Please follow them, then your stay will be a pleasure for all involved. Thank you very much!
What you should consider during your stay in the national park
In a national park, the protection of nature is the primary goal. In order to achieve this goal, we need your help and ask you not to do the following in the national park:
- Throw away garbage
- Pick endangered plants
- Let dog run free without leash in national park
- Shorten distances
- Disturb animals in your habitat
- bivouacking or camping in the countryside
- Listening to loud music or lighting a free fire
- endanger the hikers as a cyclist
- use swimming aids of any kind to navigate the lakes in the national park
- Let drones fly in the national park or fly over it
Thank you for your understanding!