According to the National Park Ordinance, it is the national park's legal mandate:
- to protect all of nature
- To preserve the natural and near-natural communities as well as a species-rich native animal and plant population
- To observe and research them scientifically
- And to lead to a natural development - as far as this is possible while maintaining property rights and maintaining the protective function
As far as the protection purpose allows...
- Is it also the task of the national park to open up the area to the population for educational and recreational purposes
- The National Park is NOT intended for economic use!